Dress: Gap | Sandals: Prabal Gurung for Target | Sunnies: H&M | Bag: Brahmin (c/o Vogue) | Bracelets: Forever 21 | Watch: Garage sale
The last time I wore this dress, I mentioned how bummed I was I didn’t get a picture of it sans jacket because of its neckline. A bold print and an asymmetrical neckline have the power to up a dress from ordinary to something more interesting and eye-catching. Details like that always draw me to certain clothes. I wore this dress to sushi last week. My roommate and I discovered the greatness of LivingSocial, Groupon and Amazon Local for trying out a few new restaurants, including this sushi one. Have you tried any of these sites for finding deals in your city?
Photos by Liz
Vest: Target | T-Shirt: Gap | Denim: Elle via Kohl’s | Brogues: Target | Bag: Brahmin (c/o Vogue) | Sunnies: Lauren Conrad via Kohl’s
After styling my staple of the month (this denim vest) two dressed-up ways (here and here), I wanted something slightly more casual. I picked up this tee from Gap a few weekends ago and love the vibrancy of it paired with these hot pink skinny jeans.
So I’ve paired with vest with a dress, a skirt and jeans. What would you like to see for the last May staple post?
These posts have been floating around the Internet for a while, but after seeing Devon post hers this week, I knew I had to post something similar. After all, a personal-style blog can’t show all facets of my life (which is both good and bad), so I wanted to give you guys a better feel for who I am beyond just my photos/short posts here on RMH.
My momma and me back in the day
1. I am a book nerd — and I get paid for it. When I was a kid, you’d find me not playing outside but curled up with a book instead. Books shaped my childhood, and words shape our world today. I’m lucky enough to work for a great company that allows me to be a book nerd and to be proud of it!
2. I’m an introvert. It’s not that I hate being around people; I love hanging out with friends. But if I need a break or need to recharge, I need to be by myself. And … being introvert does not mean I’m shy! I can actually be quite
obnoxious loud at times.
3. I have the world’s biggest sweet tooth. It’s bad, my friends. Candy, ice cream, cupcakes — you name it, and I’ll never say no. But you only live once, right?
My dad, brother and me back in the day
4. I used to be in a band and thought that’s what I’d make a career out of. Ha! I went through quite the punk/rock stage in middle school and high school. I play piano (started so young that I can’t remember not knowing how to play), drums and guitar. I blame my musical genes on my parents; my dad plays saxophone and bass guitar, and my mom plays guitar.
5. I’m not a natural redhead. I wish I was a ginger, which is probably something not a lot of people say. But I really, really wish my hair was naturally red.
Have a great weekend, everyone!
Jacket: Loft | Sweater: Loft | Denim: Elle via Kohl’s | Wedges: Relativity | Bag: Francesca’s
Orange is very quickly taking over my closet. I searched for a few weeks for an orange bag and found one at Francesca’s, only to find more and more orange items (like these wedges) making their way into my wardrobe the following weeks. Who knew orange accessories could be so versatile? Even come fall, these will work into my wardrobe perfectly!
Blouse: Gap | Skirt: Talbots | Wedges: Relativity | Bag: Brahmin (c/o Vogue | Necklace/Bracelets: Forever 21
Forever 21 is my sweet spot for jewelry. I can go in to any given Forever 21 and come out with some amazing accessories. The great part is that they’re inexpensive, but if you treat them right, they can last a long time.
This skirt is one of those I couldn’t exactly justify purchasing (even though I got it at Goodwill) because it just didn’t seem to be something I’d want to wear. The jury’s still out on the skirt, but I will admit I love the slightly more casual feel the denim of the blouse brings to the silk of the skirt.